In agile development, the emphasis is on building the right product as per customer needs. Therefore, the agile testers need to monitor their project constantly. There are many tools available for this purpose.
Following is a curated list of the Top Agile Tools with popular features and the latest download links. This comparison list contains open source(free) as well as commercial(paid) tools.
Top Agile Project Management Tools and Software List
|Features||✔️ Bi-directional Jira integration
✔️ End-to-end traceability
|✔️ Manage everything in one workspace
✔️ Set up in minutes
|✔️ One app to replace them all.
✔️ All your work in one place: Tasks, docs, chat, goals, & more.
|✔️ Smartsheet allows automating actions using simple rules
✔️ Helps to simplify budget and planning
|✔️ It is integrated with CI/CD tools.
✔️ Allows you to work on any device and place.
|Price||Free Trial||Starting from $10/mo.||Starting from $9/mo.||Starting from ₹7/mo.||Starting from ₹820/mo.|
|Link||Visit website||Visit website||Visit website||Visit website||Visit website|
The nature of enterprise-level testing is especially complex, and its effectiveness is often lost in the shuffle. With Zephyr Enterprise, optimize the quality, speed, and processes of all your testing activities from a single tool. From creating test cases and plans, to defining user requirements, to generating reports, it arms you with the insights, flexibility, and visibility necessary to deliver software faster — with fewer bugs.
- Bi-directional Jira integration
- End-to-end traceability
- Enterprise-grade test planning and auditing
- Flexible support for third-party automation frameworks
- Legacy ALM migration path and transition plan
- Premium enterprise support
Monday.com is one of the best agile project management tools available in the market. It offers a clean interface with color-coded features. This easy-to-use software is suitable for big or small teams. It also offers a user-friendly mobile app and highly customizable workflows.
- You can integrate it with your existing tools and get more things done in less time.
- It allows you to collaborate with your team in one shared workspace.
- Provides colored timelines and options to sync timelines with the calendar.
- It offers highly customizable workflows.
- Helps you to bring your team together, anywhere, and anytime.
- It provides a map view for location-based projects.
- It offers unlimited users and boards.
- Provides specific plans for businesses based on the number of users.
- Offers a Kanban-style visual layout.
- Allows you to handle complex projects.
- Provides services in multiple languages (English, Dutch, French, etc.)
- Adding the number of users costs you extra money.
- The subtask addition process can be difficult.
Pricing: Four Pricing plans: 1) Individual – $0 per month, 2) Standard – $10 per month, 3) Pro – $16 per month, 4) Enterprise/quote-based.
ClickUp is a highly customizable agile project management tool that allows you to create your custom views. This agile project management tool offers highly comprehensive time management and task management and facilitates collaboration between business units. This application allows you to assign and resolve comments to tasks. It helps you to set priorities for the work with no hassle.
- You can filter and search for a specific task with ease.
- It offers a wide range of templates.
- Helps you to automatically import documents from other apps.
- Allows you to collaborate with other people.
- It allows you to assign multiple tasks with just one mouse click.
- ClickUp enables you to sort tasks by project.
- You can sync with Google Calendar.
- It offers a freemium plan for basic services.
- Provides a customer-centric approach.
- Offers a highly efficient dashboard view.
- Good customer support.
- Reporting features are not so great.
- Not an ideal project management tool for individuals.
Pricing: Two pricing plans: 1) Free plan, 2) Unlimited plan for $5 per month.
Smartsheet is a collaboration tool for your project management.
It is a work platform that offers exceptional speed to business. Align and execute a process for better, faster and lower-cost onboardings
- Offer security, user management, and single sign-on capabilities for team and project management
- Smartsheet allows automating actions using simple rules
- Helps to simplify budget and planning
Sprints is a tool that helps you to manage your team and product with ease. It enables you to track your progress with no hassle. This software can be used to find bottlenecks and discover ways to generate business value.
- It is integrated with CI/CD tools.
- This tool helps you to get product feedback with ease.
- Allows you to work on any device and place.
- Enables the team to comment on code changes.
6) Bug Shooting
Bug Shooting is a useful tool for software developers as well as agile testing. It provides an easy way to create screen captures and attach them to items of bug tracking or issue management system for reporting bugs.
- Support for Intelligent capture mode
- Create professional graphics by adding effects to screenshots
- Easy and fast access to frequently used tools
- It can automatically store the captured screenshots
Snagit is a popular screenshot capturing tool. It provides powerful tools to edit, annotate and share screenshots. It can also be used to submit and push screenshots directly.
- This agile testing tool offers complete features for screen capture and video recording
- Capture videos with a simple, intuitive screen recorder
- Capture a website, record an online meeting or send feedback in an email
JIRA is a defect tracking tool which is used for Agile testing as well as project management. This tool is not only used for recording, reporting but also integrated with code development environment.
- JIRA Query Language helps to create quick filters with a single click
- This agile tool help your team become more accurate and efficient
- Reporting functionality gives team critical insight into their agile process
- Extensive reporting functionality gives your team critical insight into their agile process.
- Allows creating custom workflows of any size which is helpful to build, test, and release software
Download Link: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/free
9) Soap UI:
SoapUI is an agile testing tool for service-oriented architectures (SOA) and REST. Its functionality includes web service inspection, invoking, development, functional testing, and load testing.
- It is open-source testing tool
- This agile tool offers Drag and Drop Test Creation
- It allows reusing functional test cases and security scans in just a few clicks
- It Supports Data-Driven Testing
- Multi Environment Support
- Allows service Simulation
- Static Content Mocking
The Apache JMeter application is an open-source agile performance testing tool. It is used to load functional test behavior and measure performance of the website.
- Ability to load and performance test different applications/server and protocols
- Full featured Test IDE for fast Test Plan recording
- This agile tool offers complete portability and 100% Java purity
- Data analysis and visualization plugins offers great extensibility
- Functions can be used to offer dynamic input to test or provide data manipulation
- Easy Continuous Integration using third party libraries for tools like Maven, Gradle, and Jenkins
Download link: http://jmeter.apache.org/download_jmeter.cgi
11) Selenium WebDriver:
Selenium WebDriver is an automation agile testing tool. It aims to mimic the behavior of a real user, and as such interacts with the HTML of the application.
- It is a compact Object Oriented API
- Selenium server initializing is not required
- WebDriver finds any coordinates of any object
- It is easy tool for a WebDriver to build a keyword driven framework
Download link: https://www.selenium.dev/downloads/
Appium is an open-source and free Agile tool. It is helpful for automating mobile web, iOS, and Android and hybrid applications. Native apps are those written using Android, iOS, or Windows SDKs.
- Easy process setup process
- This best agile tool supports Safari on iOS and Chrome or the built-in ‘Browser’ app on Android
- It can automate Native, Hybrid, and Web mobile applications
- It supports programming languages like- Java, PHP, Ruby, Python, C#, etc.
- This agile testing tool allows native, hybrid and web application testing on physical gadgets as well as on emulator or simulator.
Download link: http://appium.io/downloads.html
Usersnap is an Agile testing tool that allows web developers to get screenshots of bugs. This tool helps testers and developers communicate bugs easily.
- Runs on every known web browsers
- This best agile tool Connects users with clients and colleagues
- Does not impede website speed
- Get visual bug reports with advanced client-side error recording
- Supports Single Page Applications
Download link: https://usersnap.com/#signup
14) Pivotal Tracker:
Pivotal Tracker is a tool that helps developers for planning project for software development. It’s mainly based on agile development methods. However, it works effectively with all kinds of projects.
- Support for ActiveResource
- This best agile tool has Ability to get a list of all the projects
- Project transparency at a glance
- Move and edit multiple stories at once
Download link: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/signup/new
15) qTest Scenario:
qTest Scenario for JIRA plugin used for Agile testing. It supports both manual and automation test executions.
- Connect user stories, tests, results and defects with complete traceability
- It offers complete supports from test creation to test execution
- Bring testing further up in the process
- This best agile project management tool Increase tester productivity
- Become more focused on the end user
- Scale Test-First methodologies across your organization
QMetry is an open-source agile testing tool. It allows developers to build, manage, and deploy their software in lesser time. It also reduces the release cycle time by bringing agility and higher productivity into the entire testing process.
- Create & reuse modular test cases
- Collaborate test cases with the help of JIRA Capture, HipChat, & Confluence
- This agile project management tool supports gradual step by step evolution of the test cases
- QMetry Wisdom helps to enhance real-time reporting & trending analytics
Download Link: http://www.qmetry.com/
QA complete offers enterprise-level capabilities. It is flexible enough to fit with any modern development methodologies like Agile and DevOps. It also allows linking manual and automated tests to detects, requirement and tasks.
- Allows to prioritize testing effort and identify high-risk issues
- SSL and Single Sign on for Enhanced Security
- Determine test coverage and ensure tests exist for all requirements
- Schedule automated Test Runs
- This agile project management tool Integrates with Jenkins, JIRA, Selenium, and 40+ tools
- Set and monitor Service Level Agreements
Download Link: https://smartbear.com/product/qacomplete/overview/
18) Enterprise Tester:
Enterprise Tester is quality and test management platform. It is preferred by some the world’s most recognized organisations. It offers complete coverage and traceability, powerful reporting for management.
- Built to integrate JIRA & Confluence
- Offers full coverage for requirements & defects
- This agile project management tool Allows team from Waterfall, Agile, and Cascade project templates
- Quickly organize projects in the tree navigator
- Forecast risk before developing test cases
- Track and visualise risk from project inception to close down
Download link: http://catchsoftware.com/Enterprise-tester
BugDigger is truly helpful tool to create truly helpful bug reports at the push of a button. It allows detecting bugs with ease.
- Get consistent bug reports
- This best agile project management tool Capture all the useful information
- Integrate with bug tracking solution
- Browser add-on for unlimited numbers of users
- Screenshot annotation editor
- This agile project management tool Collect bug reports via RSS/Atom feed or submit to a custom URL
Download link: https://bugdigger.com/
It is JIRA Test Management tool which offers end-to-end Agile testing process. It is designed to help enterprises to deliver top performance.
- Get consistent bug reports on a click of a button
- Capture all the useful information
- Associate web site with a JIRA project
- Add comment attachment to Steps directly
- Create Defects within steps immediately
Download link: https://deviniti.com/products/testflo/en/
LICEcap captures short recordings of the screen into a gif so that users can upload them into their agile test management.
- Allows moving screen capture frame while recording.
- Support for pause and restart recording, with option for inserting text messages
- Adjustable maximum recording to allow throttling CPU usage
- Allows basic title frame, with or without text
- Record mouse button presses
- Show elapsed time in the recording
Download link: https://www.cockos.com/licecap/
Agile testing is a testing tool developed version one. This requirement management tool simplifies product planning with easy backlog management. This tool provides stakeholders with a centralized view of the backlog and a drag-and-drop interface.
- Simplify backlog management with an online, centralized repository. It allows users to prioritize stories and defects using the drag-and-drop functions.
- Manage Business Initiatives with Portfolio Items
- This agile project management software Allows to group Items by Theme
- Provide result according to Business Goals
- Capturing all Feature Requests in One Place
- Helps users to ensure alignment between corporate objectives and product deliverables
Download link: https://www.collab.net/
PractiTest is an Agile test management tool. It allows for full visibility and control over the sprint cycles and a deep understanding of testing results. A common meeting ground for all project stakeholders to collaborate – such as R&D and management, for quick and successful releases.
- A vast array of third-party integrations with common bug trackers, automation tools, and robust API for the rest.
- Fully customizable & flexible for the ever-changing needs of QA teams: customize fields, views, permissions, issue workflows and more
- Reuse tests and correlate results across different releases and products.
- Unique hierarchical filter trees – organize everything and find anything quickly.
- Never work twice – with anti-bug duplicates, permutations, step parameters and call to test
- This agile project management software Visualize data with advanced dashboards and reports
- Fast professional and methodological support
Download link: https://www.practitest.com/
Above are the most popular tool for Agile Software Development.
🏅 How do Agile Project Management tools help?
Agile development tools help you in building the right product as per customer needs. Agile testers can use these tools to monitor their projects constantly.
✅ Which are the Best Agile Tools?
Here are some of the Best Agile Tools:
- Zephyr Enterprise
- Bug Shooting
⚡ Which factors to consider while selecting the Agile Project Management Tool?
Don’t slog to choose the right tool. Get smart. Consider the following factors before you decide.
- Agile Project Management tool should allow for team management.
- Software rate.
- Software features meet your requirements.
- It should be able to generate basic reports like bug reports and activity reports.
- Tool Vendor support and update policy.
- The cost involved in training employees on software.
🔒 What are the important Agile tools and techniques?
Important Agile tools are Zephyr, TestRail, Kanbanize, Backlog, JIRA, and Soap UI.
Important Agile techniques are follows:
- Assess project progress, demonstrations, and retrospectives on a regular basis
- Arrange training sessions to ensure the business team has the skills needed to manage Agile activities.
- Break down your requirements into clear tasks that will make it much easier to evaluate the effort needed to complete the work.
- Create a blueprint of the project before your team starts working on it.